AGC Vinythai Public Company Limited
1 position / Full-Time
Published date January 23, 2023
Chief R&D Engineer (Research, Development & Technology-PVC)
Key Accountability :
- Plan and manage daily activities in the PVC Pilot Plant e.g., experimental procedure, results, recipes, etc., to drive a high standard of R&D works, and to ensure success in commercialization phase.
- Explore new ideas that can potentially lead to new PVC product improvement & development, that ensure long term sustainable growth for company and our customers.
- Support scale up and optimization of modified/ new recipe and reaction’s condition, ensuring a smooth transition of R&D trials to commercial trials.
- Troubleshoot potential technical issues encountered during the projects’ execution.
- Provide regular project updates on progress to the line managers, manufacturing leader or business leader or the management team as required.
- Develop R&D portfolio for product quality development as well as process improvement, to meet the policy of R&D of management.
- Support and provide technical assistance to the Plant, such as Production, Customer Technical Service, Quality Control, Sales & Marketing, etc.
- Coordinate with domestic and international universities on projects that could potentially contribute to the future growth of the company.
- Actively support the HSE principles and drive day-to-day operation safety-including report unsafe conditions and HSE incidents to the line manager or HSE Officer.
- Supervise staff development to ensure that staff is competent to operate and handle the Pilot Plant.
- Master’s degree in Chemical Engineering, Chemical Technology, Industrial Chemistry, Chemistry, Polymer or related fields.
- Minimum 5 Years’ technical experience in R&D activities e.g., product quality improvement, new product development or process improvement in Petrochemical plant.
- Having technical background in Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC), including reaction, process and its applications, is a plus.
- Good presentation skill and ability to present complex technical information and methodologies accurately to a non-technical audience.
- Good verbal and written communication skills in English for internal and external interactions.
- Proven ability to multi-task and manage multiple projects at a time while paying strict attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills to work effectively in partnerships and international working environment, both within and outside organization.
- Self-motivated and demonstrated capability to lead and motivate team.
- Adaptable, good team player and leadership